The gift of sponsorship:
The most important gift you can give to a child is a monthly sponsorship and relationship with yourself. A monthly donation provides food, shelter, clothing, anti-retroviral medication (if they are HIV positive), school fees, and other basic necessities. Your sponsorship will help change the lives of orphans, widows, and girls who have been rescued from sex trafficking. A sponsor is a person who commits to do three things:
- Pray for Your Child – Once you become a sponsor, you will receive information about your child’s testimony, health, background, and daily life. We encourage you to immediately start praying for your child as often as possible.
- Encourage Your Child – With your monthly donation, we encourage you to write to your child and they will write back three or more times a year. Once signed up, you will receive information about how to write to them.
- Monthly Support – On average, it requires about $120 per month to care for one of our girls. We typically find eight sponsors for each child at $15 per sponsor. Here are some of the cost to take care of them:
- Housing: $18.00
- Food, clothing and other basic necessities: $12.00
- Anti-retroviral medication/ other medical: $30.00
- School Fees/Books: $5.00
- Staff: $55.00
We ask for at least a one year commitment and you can continue to give after that until you tell us otherwise.
How to get started:
Thank you for your willingness to sponsor a child through Kesitah International Ministries. Please call or email us so that we may match you with our current orphan, widows and sex trafficking victims that need sponsors. You also have the option of paying online every month.
Here are some examples of girls that need sponsors: